PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR MSLT
- You will be required to have your MSLT/MWT only after a sleep study in our facility
- You will be awakened from your nighttime sleep study at 6:00am
- The technician will disconnect the wires that will not be used for the MSLT/MWT, though some wires will remain.
- You will be requested to change into street clothes. This can be anything you are comfortable in, ex: shorts, blue jeans, sweats. It is recommended you bring a button up shirt for the daytime MSLT/MWT portion of the study, so wires are not pulled off of your head.
- You are welcome to bring snack and drinks; we have a refrigerator and a microwave. CAFFEINE IS NOT ALLOWED DURING THE DAY. We will provide lunch for you but if you are on a specialized diet please let us know ahead of time and we will try to accommodate you. We order from local restaurants and fast food.
- The test consists of naps or testing periods at two hour intervals, the first begins two hours after awakening. These will occur at 8:00am, 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm and 4:00pm.
- In most cases you will be ready to leave the lab between 4:30 and 5:00pm
- You are welcome to bring books, movies, a laptop, tablet or anything to help keep you awake during naps. We have wireless internet.
- If you are a smoker, you will be allowed to smoke outside between naps, but not within 30 minutes of a nap period.
- If you’re on stimulant type medication, ex: Provigil, Ritalin, etc., please inform the staff prior to your appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment please call the office and give at least 24 hour notice. Other wise you will be charged $200.00 fee.